Table creation Help
- For the selected variable () you should choose at least one value from the list of the items of this variable.
For unselected variables you can not choose any list item. The outcome is the table with the result of the values of the list items of this variable.
- Selection in the window
- To select simultaneously all items of the list in the corresponding window, press .
- To select several nearby list items select the first item and by holding the SHIFT key down the last item of the desired range. .
- List items that are not near (items of the list in random order) are being selected while holding down the CTRL key.
- To cancel a selection, press .
Selection of attributes/variables with aggregations
Use of aggregations
Selected variable/attribute includes aggregations which you can use instead of selection for combining and summing the specific values of this variable/attribute.
Obtaining of the table for a selected aggregation
Aggregations are given in the list in the attribute/variable window for the tables in which they are formed.
1. Each time you select the value of an aggregation all previously indicated values for other attributes/variables are getting lost.
Therefore, before indicating these values for other attributes/variables you have to begin with the selection of the values of aggregations. If the table contains aggregations for several attributes/variables (e.g., for region and age), one should firstly select all necessary values of their aggregations before selecting the values for other variables/attributes.
2. Select values which you wand to use from the selected aggregation.
3. Set required values for other variables.
4. Before pressing “Continue”, in the lower part of the page select a desired table form.
Variables/attributes, their values and aggregations
Some variables in addition to the set values contain their aggregations. Specifically, variable “Age” can contain values "0", "1", "2", "3" years, etc. Values "0", "1", "2", "3" and "4" can be combined into "0-4", à "5", "6", "7", "8" and "9" - combined into "5-9" and similarly for other values. Together these aggregations make up aggregation of "5-years age groups”.
The result table for the selected aggregations displays the sum of their combined values.
One cannot select values from different aggregations for one result table, i.e., it is impossible to select simultaneously values from “5-years age groups” and “10-years age groups”.
NOTE. Some aggregations are used for variables/attributes with a long list of their values, therefore the content of this aggregation should be preliminarily analyzed. For example, aggregations “small towns” may be used for the creation of the list of certain towns, without summation.
- For searching for the item of the list in the window of the item location type the word or text fragment (word or its part) you want to search for into the search field and press. For searching from the beginning of the list additionally select option the beginning of the text.